Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

WinRT: GroupedGridView first item other template


I’m currently building a comic application for Windows 8, yesterday I was building the page where users can see the details about a certain comic issue. The idea I had for this page was that on the left was the cover of the issue, followed by a list of characters appearing in the issue. A grouped GridView would be perfect for this scenario but it only accepts one template, so all groups usually look the same. Here’s the way that I’ve fixed it, I’m not 100% happy with it but it works. If you have a better way, please tell me, I’ll update this post accordingly and give credit where credit is due off course.

Let’s start off with the class. I have a class called Issue that obviously contains all the information about an issue.

Read full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Informer Button