Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Windows 8 WriteableBitmap Pixel Arrays in C# and C++


Sometimes I thiink of myself as a scientist who studies operating systems. Although these operating systems form the structure and foundation of the natural world in which I exist, for the most part I can't study the internals. I'm pretty much limited to the external physical manifestion of this world, ie, the API. But that's often enough. APIs can be poked and prodded. Experiments can be performed, and conclusions drawn. Like a real scientist I sometimes develop hypotheses about how these API worlds work, and then I must write some code to test if these hypotheses are valid.

And sometimes I jump the gun — at least in my own head. I stumble upon something that I just know will make a great article or blog entry. If I don't have time to work on it right away, I start mentally coding the programs I'll need to demonstrate the concept, and I'll be writing the article in my head, and even graciously acknowledging the accolades that are sure to follow.

Read full article here

2 comments:

Web Informer Button