Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Develop You Own Custom Cursors in Windows 8 C#/XAML Metro Applications

Develop You Own Custom Cursors in Windows 8 C#/XAML Metro ApplicationsRecently I came across the question: "I want to change the cursor in my Windows 8 Metro style application to a custom cursor I've designed. So, how can I use the custom cursor in metro app ? The Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursorType.Custom parameter for the Windows.UI.Core.CoreCursor constructor seems to indicate I can do this but how can it be accomplished?"

So after some tinkering around and putting together a few hints, I've put together a step by step route to adding your own custom cursors to your Windows 8 Metro Application. The end product will be a CSharp Metro application consuming a cursor in a .RES file generated by a C++ Metro DLL application. We'll even use some notepad. Hold on for a bumpy ride.  Want a VB one email me and I'll figure it out!

Read full article here
 Full source code ( C++ .res and CSharp Demo ) - devfish downloads
CoreCursor on MSDN - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/br208206.aspx#constructors
Working with Resource Files ( VS2005 ) - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/zabda143(v=vs.80).aspx
Aaron Stebner - How to build a managed assembly that contains Win32 resources using Visual Studio 2005 - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/02/28/541036.aspx
Building a Windows 8 App in 30 Days (tutorials) - GenerationApp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Informer Button